Hearing is something that a lot of people take for granted. Being able to hear a phone ring or birds chirp are things we don’t usually give a second thought to.
However, for somebody suffering from hearing loss, not being able to hear everyday sounds can be incredibly isolating.
Why hearing loss occurs?
Why it's important to take the test
I THINK I HAVE SOME HEARING LOSS…
Common signs that people with hearing loss have include:
If you have these common signs, it’s likely that you have hearing loss.
You can take our online hearing test, call our clinic on 07 3366 9355 or email us to arrange a free hearing test in one of our clinics in Ashgrove, Chermside, Carina Hill or Kenmore.
I am too young to have hearing loss... but I'm strugglingThe realisation of hearing loss at any age can be potentially devastating. This can be further amplified if the person is younger than traditionally expected, i.e. under 60. If this is you, then here are a few things you need to know:
- Hearing loss can happen at any age, and often, mild hearing loss starts in early forties.
- Environmental factors such as exposure to noise, through the type of job you have or listening to loud music, can damage your hearing.
- Exposure to toxins, including side effects of some medication can also damage your hearing.
- Hearing loss is linked to dementia and early intervention may also prevent dementia.
- Clunky and large hearing aids are a thing of the past. Luckily, today’s modern technology has come a long way and hearing aids these days are small (often invisible) and no one has to know that you are wearing them. New technology also allows seamless integration into a variety of devices (mobile phones, music players etc) through Bluetooth ®. We are particularly passionate about invisible hearing aids and have several options on offer.
- You can take our online hearing test in the privacy of your own home to help you determine if you have hearing loss.
- We offer free hearing tests at Health & Hearing that are also obligation free, no pressure. Call us on 07 3366 9355 to arrange an appointment or click here to email us.
- We are proud to be independent, which means we work hard to find the best treatments from the full range of available solutions, including tinnitus management, rehabilitation, counselling, and hearing aids from all leading manufacturers.
How do you we test your hearing?
Want to know more about what happens in a consultation?
View our Clinical Process Video
LOOKING FOR HEARING AIDS?
Try on hearing aids that only you will know you are wearing.
If you are thinking about upgrading or looking to buy a new hearing aid, I invite you to come into one of our clinics for a “H&H Try it on” session. This is where my qualified team will walk you through the features, answer any questions and give you the chance to try the amazing technology on for yourself.
The session takes about half an hour… a little bit longer if you want to look at several… look in the mirror, see how it looks and get comfortable… We'll take the time to walk you through the process… so you can get a really good feeling of the devices… and make sure you make the right choice.
Buy from Brisbane's most trusted hearing specialistWe are dedicated to providing convenient, affordable solutions so you can regain your youthful hearing. So why should you buy from Health and Hearing?
- We specialise in invisible hearing aids, so only you will know you’re wearing them.
- We are independent, so you will get the hearing aid you need, calibrated specifically for you, so you will get the best out of your aids
- No pressure, obligation free process
- 14-Day Love It Or Return It Guarantee
- 3 – 5 Year Total Warranty Cover for total peace of mind
- Free hearing tests and 365 Days aftercare support
86% of our customers say our hearing aids are an 8/10 or better!*
*Data based on over 100 satisfaction surveys.
What we recommend
- The degree of your hearing loss
- Your lifestyle
- Whether you are employed or retired
- Your preferences (hidden or slightly visible)
- Affordability for your personal circumstances
Do yourself a favour…If you have a hearing loss and have hearing instruments already or are researching getting some, I strongly recommend you consider the ReSound Linx 3d devices. ReSound was the first to break though the barrier and created the 2.4 mega hertz technology, enabling straight connection to smart phones. It has taken their competitors 5 years to get their first ‘Smart’ hearing instruments on the market. ReSound had a 5 years head start and they have not wasted a moment. The latest Linx 3D is in my opinion the best hearing aid on the market, our clients come back reporting a whole new level of satisfaction.
Hearing care wherever you areGet updates without making a trip to the clinic Wouldn't it be great if your hearing aid settings could be updated without making a trip to the hearing clinic? Now they can, with the ReSound Smart 3D app and ReSound Assist. Request assistance through the ReSound Smart 3D app. Simply answer a few short questions and your hearing care professional can fine-tune your settings and send the updates back to you. With a simple install, your hearing aids are updated and you are ready to go.
What our satisfied customers are saying...
“I’m now hearing the best I can ever remember.” Len Zell “Health & Hearing was a big step up from anywhere I’d been in the past.“ Audie Moldre “The benefits of being able to participate with loved ones and interacting with others in everyday situations cannot be overstated.” Neil Young “I’ve used hearing aids for over 15 years and have never been very satisfied till now.” Keith Antoine