Often the person with hearing loss is the last one to admit they have a problem with their hearing
Hearing loss occurs gradually, which means most tend to ignore the signs, or try to accommodate them.
And here’s the thing, us humans are real good at ignoring critical signs. We seem to put things off, then only do something when it’s real bad.
Seems crazy I know, but that’s how we are.
The realisation of hearing loss at any age can be potentially devastating. This can be further amplified if the person is younger than traditionally expected, i.e. under 60. If this is you, then here are a few things you need to know:
- Hearing loss can happen at any age, and often, mild hearing loss starts in early forties.
- Environmental factors such as exposure to noise, through the type of job you have or listening to loud music, can damage your hearing.
- Exposure to toxins, including side effects of some medication can also damage your hearing.
- Hearing loss is linked to dementia and early intervention may also prevent dementia.
- Clunky and large hearing aids are a thing of the past. Luckily, today’s modern technology has come a long way and hearing aids these days are small (often invisible) and no one has to know that you are wearing them. New technology also allows seamless integration into a variety of devices (mobile phones, music players etc) through Bluetooth ®. We are particularly passionate about invisible hearing aids and have several options on offer.
- You can take our online hearing test in the privacy of your own home to help you determine if you have hearing loss.
Take The Quick Hearing Test
Here’s a quick and easy little test you take right now, which gives you an indication as to where you’re at with your hearing.
Close family and friends are often good indicators that your hearing is not what it used to be. Take our quiz below (perhaps also with a family member or friend to get their perspective).
Here’s What To Do:
Just write down yes or no on a piece of paper, then add up all your Yes’s at the end.
- Do you often think people are mumbling or not speaking clearly?
- Can you hear better in one ear then another?
- Do you have trouble hearing conversations in noisy or crowded places?
- Do you often have to ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do your family and friends comment that you have the TV or radio louder than normal?
- Have you ever missed the door knocking or phone ringing?
- Do you have trouble hearing women and children?
- Do your friends and family comment that you have hearing difficulties?
Did you get a yes there, or even a few yes’s?
If you did, that’s okay, because the good news is something can be done to help you.
We understand taking that all-important first step towards finding out about what can be done for your hearing can be daunting, a little confusing, and overwhelming…
But it doesn’t have to be like that.
At Health and Hearing we make it easy and convenient for you to take that first step towards better hearing. We do this in a friendly, no pressure environment. Because it’s important you get all the information you need, so you can make an educated and informed decision about your hearing.
It’s Starts With Your Free 30-Minute No Obligation Consultation
During your free consultation we’ll check your ear canals conduct a hearing baseline measurement, then we’ll explain your results to you in detail and then recommend what you can do.
Importantly, you’ll understand and know exactly where you stand, and what action to take next, so you can regain your hearing. If hearing aids will help your hearing situation, then we’ll show you various models and how they would look on you. This is a great way for you to see what’s available, and a great way for you to see which is the best hearing aid for you… based on your lifestyle, budget, and personal preference.
Best of all, your Free consultation will help you avoid costly pitfalls, show you exactly what to do about your hearing loss, and importantly save you time and money. Your family and friends want to have fun, easy conversations with you. They know you care about them, and that you are trying to listen to what they are saying… you’re not ignoring them.
Book a Free Hearing Test to Find Out More
The quickest and easiest way to make certain your hearing is okay is to book a Free Hearing Test. This is the same confidential hearing test that has helped thousands of men and women turn back the clock 10 years and regain clear, confident hearing. Treating hearing loss is not about getting old, it’s about staying young.