The realisation of hearing loss at any age can be potentially devastating. This can be further amplified if the person is younger than traditionally expected, i.e. under 60. If this is you, then here are a few things you need to know:
- Hearing loss can happen at any age, and often, mild hearing loss starts in early forties.
- Environmental factors such as exposure to noise, through the type of job you have or listening to loud music, can damage your hearing.
- Exposure to toxins, including side effects of some medication can also damage your hearing.
- Hearing loss is linked to dementia and early intervention may also prevent dementia.
- Clunky and large hearing aids are a thing of the past. Luckily, today’s modern technology has come a long way and hearing aids these days are small (often invisible) and no one has to know that you are wearing them. New technology also allows seamless integration into a variety of devices (mobile phones, music players etc) through Blootooth ®. We are particularly passionate about invisible hearing aids and have several options on offer.
- You can take our online hearing test in the privacy of your own home to help you determine if you have hearing loss.
We offer free hearing tests at Health & Hearing that are also obligation free, no pressure. Call us on 07 3366 9355 to arrange an appointment or click here to make your booking online.